QUALITATIVE ONLINE METHODS
Motivate and engage the participant
Qualitative online methods make it possible to carry out qualitative online surveys in a practical and easy way, which motivates and engages the participants, and where the client can take part as an observer and be in dialogue with the moderator during the process.
Benefits of a qualitative online solution
- Study of target groups that are difficult to recruit due to busyness, BtB, skewed working hours, large geographical spread or as in the case of Covid-19.
- Provides 100% anonymity in online bulletin boards and chat groups. Particularly relevant in connection with a particularly sensitive topic or an internal employee survey, where you want anonymity towards colleagues and managers.
- Participation can take place from home, e.g. in case of involvement of family members e.g. children and parents to discuss and evaluate a theme or product together.
- Opportunity to examine products on-the-move or services that may not be physically present in the focus group e.g. a live concert, event, building or other ‘unmanageable’.
- Qualitative written online methods are particularly useful for focusing on very young people. Often, young people find it easier to express emotions in writing than in the personal encounter with people they do not know.
We recruit for an online platform according to your needs. We offer access to InterVu, HT face or Recollectvie – but we can help with recruitment to several platforms such as Zoom for Business, VisionLive and Revelation if you have the access yourself. Most surveys can be done via a smartphone or tablet, but not video groups. This allows for response from the target group in the form of visual on location experiences e.g. upload of videos, photos and text where the user is shopping or at home in the living room.
Want to know more about how we can help you?
Video groups take place online using a webcam and microphone. This solution makes it possible to show different test material, do projective and creative exercises, polls etc. It is possible to connect a simultaneous interpreter depending on the system. The group is video recorded and the written and visual input is stored in a report.
The disadvantage of video groups compared to physical groups is that it is more difficult to decode the respondents’ facial expressions and that you do not achieve the same social context, just as it can be more difficult for the respondents to speak one at a time.
Userneeds will handle recruitment for the project and also gather the necessary and relevant consent forms (GDPR) from participants before the meeting starts. We also make sure that the material that needs to be used during the meeting is uploaded and ready in the portal.
Contact us and hear more about your options
Userneeds and Analyse Danmark merged at the end of 2020, which has created a strong qualitative team, U Focus. Through many years of experience and a merge of the companies, we have strong competencies in qualitative research.